Who are we?
Love Luton is a partnership of local organisations who work together for one common goal – to create confidence, pride and a positive image for Luton.
The objectives of the campaign include:
- A community funding grant to help fund initiatives, projects and events for the people of Luton and the surrounding area
- Drive forward business growth, inward investment and regeneration
- Organise successful events and initiatives attracting visitors and boosting the local economy
- Celebrating Luton’s diversity and promoting community cohesion
- Developing a recognised brand that is making Luton proud and the Country impressed
Love Luton is made up of a steering group and working group. Each year a new Chairperson is nominated and voted by the steering group.
The Chairperson for 2016/2017 is Linsey Frostick, General Manager for Arriva. Linsey has been part of Love Luton since it first began and has been instrumental in its success. She is a born and bred Lutonian and a strong advocate of everything Love Luton stands for.
Vice-chair of Love Luton, Ed Smith is the Marketing & Communications Manager at Luton Town Football Club, a post he has held since November 2014. Ed’s role at the Club also involves community outreach projects and work with the Club’s official charities of the year.
Any member of Love Luton can stand for the roles. All sponsors are entitled to one place on the steering group and on the working group. Sponsors shape the Love Luton programme each year.